How To Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon is the world’s first choice for online shopping. And one of the biggest marketplace online. There are many affiliate programs online that can earn you higher commission than Amazon affiliate program, but Amazon will remain the top and best choice for marketers for the following reasons:
- Amazon is the most trusted company by online shoppers and affiliate marketers.
- Amazon’s products have a high conversion rate.
- The trust Amazon gained over the years makes customers return for more purchases over and over again.
- With an Amazon affiliate, you don’t just earn commission on the products you promoted only, but for everything, the customer you referred has bought.
- When promoting Amazon products, buyers are more likely to click to buy or see the product on Amazon. If they visit the site and made a purchase within 24 hours you will make a commission. And if they added the product to the cart, you will get a commission if they purchase it within 90 days.
- You can earn up to 10% commission from the Amazon affiliate program. There are different standard affiliate program rates for each category.
How To Promote Amazon Products?
- First, you need to sign up for the Amazon Affiliate program. If you haven’t yet click here to sign up.
- After Amazon accepts your application complete your profile for tax and bank details.
- Sign in to your Amazon affiliate account and go to the account sitting under your store name in the top bar.
- Then go to edit your website information.
- Under profile – enter your blogs and social media links that you will use to promote the products and click save changes (if you promote an Amazon product without adding the link, you will not get paid commission for the sale).
- Write a full product review on your blog and add your affiliate link at least twice within the article.
- You can write an article or make a video on how to use the product, e.g. if you’re promoting a camera or mobile phone.
- You can make a video to unpack the products and give feedback.
- Promote Amazon products on your social media pages.
- Promote your article and social media pages to drive traffic and sales and get paid.
How To Get Your Amazon Affiliate Link?
- Sign in to your Amazon affiliate account.
- Find a product to promote and go to the product page.
- From the top bar select one of the options available.
- “Text” option is used for in article links (Text link) – “Image or Text and Image” can be used in the middle of the article or side banner. For social media, you need to select the Facebook link or Twitter link next to “Share”.
How To Promote Amazon Affiliate Links?
One of the best and fastest ways to promote Amazon affiliate links is by writing a product review on your blog, and drive traffic to the page with paid advertising.
There are many articles you might’ve read about free methods to promote your affiliate links. But if you’re serious about making money online, you will need to invest in the business to make a living.
You can go the slow route if you want, but don’t expect high results in a short or long time. You will not be able to make a full-time income with the free route and expect to be selling an item or two per month only. Amazon Affiliate Program doesn’t pay much commission, to make a full-time income you need to sell a lot.
There are many advertising options you can use, but content marketing platforms are the best way to go. If you are making videos to promote Amazon products, then advertise with YouTube or Facebook.
Cons Of The Amazon Associates Program
- Low commission Compared to other affiliate programs.
- Amazon affiliate cookies last only for 24 hours when someone visits the Amazon website through your link. And if the customer added products to the cart, then cookies will last for 90 days.
- If you post the products on social media, you’re not allowed to promote them with the paid campaign.
- It’s against Amazon affiliate terms to send the link in email or even the post that contains the product link.
- If you are in the USA Amazon affiliate program, and someone clicked on your link from anywhere else in the world, you will not get a commission.
Amazon affiliate program is one of the best and quickest ways to start your own business from home. But you will need to take it seriously to gain the results you want. With low commission, you will need lots of sales to make a living from Amazon Associates.
When you have lots of blog traffic, you can join an affiliate network and find a product or a service with higher commissions to review on your blog.