The Best Marketing Platforms For Online Business
LinkedIn is a social network that focuses on professional networking and career development. You can use it to search for jobs, upload your resume, and improve your professional reputation through interaction with other people.
LinkedIn is free for all, although there is a premium version with additional features such as online classes and updates on people who have searched and viewed your profile.
LinkedIn uses an algorithm that is updated continuously to give users the best experience possible. As a user, you will realize that your timeline gives you a steady flow of content that you can engage with by liking, commenting, or sharing. Alternatively, you can flag content that you don’t like, which prevents you from seeing similar stuff in the future.
To create a business page on LinkedIn, you will need the following:
- Personal LinkedIn profile
- The profile has to be at least seven days old
- Intermediate or “all-star” profile strength.
- Several connections on the platform
- A company email and website (Not Gmail)
- Listed experience of the company on your profile
Step 1: Create a company page by logging in to your account and clicking on the Work icon on the top right-hand side. A window will pop up with a “create company” will pop up. Click on it and choose the type of business you want to create.
Step 2: Add your company information and your company logo and click the create page button.
Step 3: Optimize your page by adding a cover photo. The photo should be products that you sell or a picture of your staff. Create a catchy summary with keywords that you would like to rank in. Add your location.
Step 4: Come up with regular content that you can use to engage with your followers.
Step 5: Promote your page on other social media profiles like Facebook and Twitter. You can also come up with an email marketing campaign and come up with content while using relevant hashtags.
There are a variety of reasons why you should use LinkedIn for your online business.
- To source and engage talented professionals.
- To promote your business.
- To nature and educate potential clients about your business
- It can help boost the credibility of your brand
- Support your external website
There are several ways through which you can use LinkedIn to drive traffic to your website.
- Share lots of content
- Follow relevant groups
- Engage with your followers
- Create a LinkedIn group
- Recommend people on LinkedIn
Youtube is a free video-sharing website that began in early 2005. There are over 300 hours of videos shared on Youtube uploaded every minute. You can take the following steps in creating a Youtube business page.
- Sign in to your business Google account and create a dedicated Youtube business channel.
- Visit YouTube and name the channel.
- Fill out the extra details of your account.
- Set up your channel’s icon and fill out its description
Why you can benefit from using YouTube to market your business?
- First, you can reach a large target audience.
- Most of your customers are on YouTube, and they would want to find you there.
- Youtube is quite engaging since most people would like to watch videos than reading.
Twitter is a social network that allows you to send “microblog posts” that can be up to 280 characters. The best way to get value on Twitter is by following other users. This allows you access to read their tweets in your timeline. The fun part is that you can follow people and companies that interest you.
How you can create a Twitter Business Account?
Step 1: Sign up for Twitter through twitter.com using your email.
Step 2: Enter your name and password, then click create my account.
Step 3: Build your account by following people and organizations who you share similar interest.
Step 4: Upload your profile image, add your company’s website, and describe the services or products you want to sell.
Twitter is a cost-effective channel that you can use to engage your customers. In addition, you can benefit from Twitter for your business in the following ways:
- You can use Twitter for Marketing to grow your brand.
- You can use it to monitor your competitors.
- You can create new networks on Twitter.
Pinterest is a perfect social network for displaying your products and purchases since many people use it as an informational resource before making a purchase. The site contains over 200 million users worldwide who visit the site to find ideas and inspiration for the things they like.
Creating a Pinterest Business Profile
Step 1: Visit Pinterest for Business and click “join as a business.”
Step 2: Enter details of the individual who will manage the account and accept the terms and conditions.
To use Pinterest to drive traffic to your business, you need to:
- Create engaging content.
- Pin at least once per day.
- Plan ahead for seasonal content.
- Use boards to interact with pinners.
- Come up with a content strategy that works.
- Optimize for Pinterest SEO.
Facebook business page
Facebook business page was introduced to help companies expand their presence online. However, to gain significant likes on your Facebook business page, you have to stand out from the crowd.
How to create a Facebook business page?
Step 1: Visit facebook.com/business/pages/set-up and sign up.
Step 2: Provide all information requested by Facebook, such as a category to describe your page and as much information as possible.
Step 3: Add some profile and cover photos.
Step 4: Add the appropriate page sections. You may consider adding a Home Page, About Page, Community, Events, Offers, Services, Photos, etc.
Your business should take advantage of the benefits that Facebook for business brings to them. They include:
- Low-cost marketing.
- You can share your business information with your audience.
- Share photos and videos of your products and services.
- It gives you a platform to interact with existing customers.
- Improve customer support
Once you understand how to leverage social media networks to promote your business, you can move one step ahead of your competitors. For example, with a new LinkedIn account or an updated Facebook business page, you are guaranteed to reach a whole new subset of your audience.