A Beginner’s Guide To Amazon Affiliate Program
Amazon is world’s first choice for online shopping. And one of the biggest market place online. There are many affiliate programs online that can earn you higher commission than Amazon affiliate program, but Amazon will remain the top and best choice for marketers for the following reasons:
- Amazon is the most trusted company by online shoppers and affiliate marketers.
- Amazon’s products has high conversion rate.
- The trust amazon gained over the years makes customers return for more purchase over and over again.
- With Amazon affiliate you don’t just earn commission on the products you promoted only, but for everything the customer you referred have bought.
- When promoting Amazon products, buyers are more likely to click to buy or see the product on Amazon. If they visit the site and made a purchase within 24 hours you will make commission. And if they added the product to the cart, you will get commission if they purchase it within 90 days.
- You can earn up to 10% commission from their affiliate program. Bellow is the fixed standard affiliate program rates for each categories.
For the special program fees click here.
How To Promote Amazon Products
- First you need to sign up for Amazon Affiliate program. If you haven’t yet click here to sign up.
- After Amazon accept your application complete your profile for tax and bank details.
- Sign-in to your Amazon affiliate account and go to account sitting under your store name in the top bar.
- Then go to edit your website information.
- Under profile – enter your blogs and social media links that you will use to promote the products and click save changes (if you promote an amazon product without adding the link, you will not get paid commission for the sale).
- Write a full product review on your blog and add your affiliate link at least twice within the article.
- You can write an article or make a video on how to use the product, eg: if you’re promoting a camera or mobile phone.
- You can make a video to unpack the products and give feedback.
- Promote Amazon products on your social media pages.
- Promote your article and social media pages to drive traffic and sales and get paid.
How To Get Your Amazon Affiliate Link
- Sign-in to your Amazon affiliate account.
- Find a product to promote and go to the product page.
- From the top bar select one of the options available.
- “Text” option is used for in article links (Text link) – “Image or Text And Image” can be used in the middle of the article or side banner.
- For social media you need to select Facebook link or Twitter link next to “Share”.
How To Drive Traffic To Your Amazon Affiliate Page
- One of the best and fastest way to drive traffic to your affiliate page or social media is by paid advertising. I know that there are many other articles you’ve read about the free way. But if you’re serious about making money online, you will need to invest in the business to make a living. You can go the slow route if you want, but don’t expect a high results in a short or long time.
- There are many advertising options you can use, but Facebook paid ads are the best way to go. You can also use Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Reddit.
- If you are making videos to promote Amazon product, then advertise with YouTube or Facebook.
Cons Of The Amazon Associates Program
- Low commission Compared to other affiliate programs.
- Their cookies only for 24 hours for someone visited the Amazon website through your link. And if the customer added products to the cart, then cookies will last for 90 days.
- If you post the products on social media, you’re not allowed to promote it with paid campaign.
- It’s against Amazon affiliate terms to send the link in email or even the post that contain the product link.
- If you are in the USA Amazon affiliate program, and someone clicked on your link from anywhere else in the world, you will not get commission.
Also Read: 9 Ways To Make Money On Amazon | What Is A Niche Market
Conclusion: Amazon affiliate program is one of the best way to start your own business from home. But you will need to take it seriously to gain the results you want.