Facts About Christianity
1. Christianity Beliefs And Practices
- The main belief is in Jesus Christ as the son of the living God the Father.
- Jesus came to our world to save all humanity from the death of the sins.
- He was crucified and raised by the Holy Spirit on the third day, and descended into heaven.
- Everyone who believes in Jesus as the son of god, will have an eternal life.
- Christianity believes in the afterlife, which will take place after the return of the Christ.
- The church is the main Christianity place of worship and prayer rituals.
2. Where Around The World is Christianity Practiced
- Christianity is followed and practiced in around 234 countries.
3. Christianity Holy Book
- The holy bible is the only Christian holy book used in churches.
- The psalms in the bible are used by most Christians as the main prayer book.
4. How Many Books Are In The Bible
- In the catholic bible there are a total of 73 books 46 books are in the Old Testament, and 27 books in the New Testament.
- There are other versions of the bible used by other christian denominations, which contain a total of 66 books. 39 books are found in the Old Testament, while the New Testament contain 27 books.
5. Christianity Holy Days
- Lent – Begins 40 days before Easter day.
- Palm Sunday – Is the last Sunday before Easter.
- Maundy – Is the last Thursday before Easter.
- Good Friday – The Friday before Easter Sunday.
- Easter Sunday – Is the day of resurrection.
- Pentecost – Begin 40 days after Easter Sunday.
- Christmas – The birth of Christ.
6. Prayer Rituals And Place of Worship
- The Main Christianity place of worship and prayer is the church, but also christian can worship and pray at home.
- The Eucharist or the Holy Communion is a part of the Christian mass ritual in the church.
- Some denominations believe that the Holy Communion is the real blood and body of Jesus Christ, While others practice it as a memorial of the last supper.
- The catholic and eastern orthodox practice the Holy Communion every week on Sunday, but others practice it on the first Sunday of each month.
- The catholic and orthodox church also believes in the practice of confession, where the followers need to confess their sins to the priest before they can get Holy Communion. But other denominations like the Protestants , and The Evangelicals believe that confession should be between the person and God the father.
- Christian followers of the eastern churches do practice fasting for a total of between 180 – 200 days a year depends on the denomination.
7. The Most Popular Religion
- Christianity is the largest religion in the world with over 2.5 billion followers, which is around the third of the world’s population.
- Christianity started in the 1st century in the east and later spread all over the world.
8. How Many Denomination of Christianity
According to the World Christian Database there are over 9000 Christian denominations around the world. Major traditions are:
Also read: The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind
If you like the article please share it on social media. Thanks